Recently, new standards were presented on the T-trak WIKI site for Z scale. We at MasterPieceModules were pleased to participate in the discussions that produced these standards. In these standards, three corner sizes are presented. MasterPieceModules chooses to name them by their larger radius.
- Std 220 - 195/220 corner module: 295mm (approx. 11 5/8") depth/width
- Std 245 - 220/245 corner module: 320mm (approx. 12 19/32") depth/width
- Std 270 - 245/270 corner module: 345mm (approx. 13 9/16") depth/width
Our first offering of the new Z scale T-trak module designs will be Std 245 which makes the most efficient use of the track sizes that Rokuhan now has on the market. Included in this offering are ten different module shapes with some shapes having more than one track placement options.
In order to meet the needs of our customers, we have always provided modules in various depths (front to back). For Z scale, we will be offering:
- Standard Depth = 295mm/11.6" - corner module size less 1" to provide a space for cables and sky-boards.
- Full Depth = 320mm/12.6" - same depth as the corner module. For a full depth module, we extend the deck, leaving space beneath at the back to accommodate any cables. (This full depth deck does not easily facilitate the use of sky-board.)
The components in MasterPieceModule kits are made from 6mm Baltic birch plywood, held in alignment using finger joints with a light press fit, precision machined with CNC technology.
- Foot brackets with threaded insert installed for leveling screws
- 1/4-20UNC x 2-1/2" plastic leveling screws
- #1 X 3/8" Self Tapping stainless steel track screws
Our module decks are drilled for track screws inserted from the bottom of the module that align with the screw bosses on the bottom side of the Rokuhan track pieces.
These 10 different module shapes, some with multiple track placement options, offers an infinite variety of layout plans: